PR Intern - Fall Semester
Schuler Publicity is looking for a Public Relations Intern starting as soon as possible. Located in the Uptown neighborhood, we have clients ranging from a wide variety of industries from education and nonprofits to technology and consumer.
This is an opportunity for a college senior studying PR or communications looking for real agency experience around their class schedule. We are looking for a dependable, responsible and detail-oriented person who is available to work both in the office and remotely. We are looking for someone to assist our team with a variety of PR, social media and administrative responsibilities. Ideally, this person has excellent writing skills, is comfortable multi-tasking and meets deadlines regularly.
● Strong organizational skills – able to balance a wide variety of projects
● Excellent writing skills – able to write pitches and social media posts
● Time management skills – able to manage hard deadlines
● Flexible, go with the flow nature – able to switch gears at a moment’s notice
● Self-motivated – needs to show initiative and works reliably and independently without constant supervision
● Intellectually curious – able to dig in and research for client background, pitches, media lists, etc.
● Administrative tasks as necessary – create agendas and status reports, draft meeting notes, update client editorial calendars, coverage reports
● Media Relations – research, draft and edit pitches and social media posts
● Compile media lists for press releases, pitches, bylined articles, etc.
● Social Media – create and manage content for Schuler Publicity’s LinkedIn and Facebook page
● Work comfortably on multiple client accounts – report and track progress regularly
● Part-time with a minimum of 15 hours a week
● Flexible hours around class schedules
● Will work in Uptown office
● Compensation: $400 per month
● Term: August through end of semester with potential for more work throughout the spring semester
How to Apply All applications must contain a cover letter, resume, references and three writing samples. Please send to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews start immediately.
Think you're perfect for our team?
We are always looking to meet seasoned and ambitious media relations experts. If you think you would be an asset to our team, introduce yourself! Contact us at email@example.com