PR Intern Opening with Schuler Publicity
Schuler Publicity is looking for a Public Relations Intern starting as soon as possible. Located in the Uptown neighborhood, we have clients ranging from a wide variety of industries from education and nonprofits to technology and consumer.
This is an opportunity for a college senior studying PR or communications looking for real agency experience around their class schedule. We are looking for a dependable, responsible and detail-oriented person who is available to work both in the office and remotely. We are looking for someone to assist our team with a variety of PR, social media and administrative responsibilities. Ideally, this person has excellent writing skills, is comfortable multi-tasking and meets deadlines regularly.
● Strong organizational skills – able to balance a wide variety of projects
● Excellent writing skills – able to write pitches and social media posts
● Time management skills – able to manage hard deadlines
● Flexible, go with the flow nature – able to switch gears at a moment’s notice
● Self-motivated – needs to show initiative and works reliably and independently without constant supervision
● Intellectually curious – able to dig in and research for client background, pitches, media lists, etc.
● Administrative tasks as necessary – create agendas and status reports, draft meeting notes, update client editorial calendars, coverage reports
● Media Relations – research, draft and edit pitches and social media posts
● Compile media lists for press releases, pitches, bylined articles, etc.
● Social Media – create and manage content for Schuler Publicity’s LinkedIn and Facebook page
● Work comfortably on multiple client accounts – report and track progress regularly
● Part-time with a minimum of 20 hours a week
● Flexible hours around class schedules
● Will work in Uptown office
● Compensation: $400 per month
● Term: January through end of semester with potential for more work throughout the summer
How to Apply
All applications must contain a cover letter, resume, references and three writing samples. Please send to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews start immediately.